The Value of Being Expats – Albert & Michael – Saba Island Properties
8 Indispensable Facts We’ve Learned Living and Working on Saba
1. We discovered Saba in 20011. Totally fell in love with it. Did our research and relocated here from New York city where we lived and worked for over 40 years. As expats we have real answers to your questions. Not conjectures. Not guesses. The facts. The truth. How valuable is that to you when you’re thinking of investing and living on Saba?
2. We know what it’s like to buy property – renovate a home – the costs and details of actually packing and moving all of our belongings, our pet and car to Saba.
3. We understand Saba’s residency procedures. The paper work, regulations, finances and all the emotions that go with it. When you move to a foreign land there are lots of things to know as you become an expat. We have the practical experience. We lived through it and we’re doing very well.
4. We know how to open a business and the opportunities available for working on Saba — the differences between incorporating as a B.V or running a sole proprietorship. We’re part of the community where the majority of businesses are run by: Dutch, Belgian, American, Haitian, German, Columbian, English, Asian, Canadian. There shouldn’t be any labels. We’re people first, who choose to live and work together on Saba. We all know what ‘labels’ mean and when you point out ‘differences’ it should always be questioned.
5. We know the cost of living on Saba. Taxes on homes, land and businesses. Rental costs. Mortgages. Home owners financing possibilities.
6. We’ve learned the real pricing of houses and land and what’s actually required to sell and close a ‘contract of sale’ with a notary, especially when a property may have several owners or heirs. We take all the proper steps to make sure it’s legally set it up for success and will not fall apart after you make an ‘offer to buy’.
7. We’re connected with people in all areas of construction – builders, painters, electricians, plumbers, gardeners, housekeepers – so you won’t be taken advantage of. No speculations. Actual pricing not over pricing.
8. We’ve always found our government officials of Saba to be available. Open and easy to work with. Helpful with any questions you may have, as well as offering suggestions, guidance and support regarding laws, building ordinances, permits. You don’t have to have them in your family to get answers and have them come through for you. We’re happy to make any introductions.
♦ ◊ ♦
Please take a look at our sales – land, homes and businesses – as well as our endorsements
and see why people trust us and choose to work with SABA Island Properties and our bedrock knowledge.
We’re the only expat real estate company on Saba. We won’t coerce you into buying anything.
We’re not looking to ‘hook you’ with the typical real estate cheesy, turnoff talk.
Who knows — we might even try to talk you out of buying.
The bottom line? — You have to be happy and sure that life on Saba is perfectly right for you.
That’s our job and sincere hope to help you find the answer.
And… we’re confident that our knowledge and life experience is a big advantage for you to know the truth.
That’s our promise to you.
*Your Expat Real Estate Experts*
Saba (+599) 416 . 2777 / USA +1 . 631 . 604 . 4435 / Skype: saba.island.properties
Emails: Albert@sabaislandproperties.com or Michael@sabaislandproperties.com
Here’s What Other Expats Say About Our Work
Michael Feeley, Life Coach:
After living and working in New York City for 40+ years I leaped right out of the rat race of corporate America; leaving behind the relentless stress and competition that was wasting me; to rediscover what really matters to me in life.
We went looking for a new home all over the world - the Azores, the Maldives, France, Italy, Spain, Morocco, Malta, the Caribbean and by pure luck, found Saba.
Saba gives me peace, joy, freedom and a community where I feel I belong. People are respected here; living free and open, in the heart of deep nature and incredible beauty. It's a remarkable change.
The work we do enables us to care about other people. Helping them find a new home with practical empathy for their needs and dreams. It's an emotional investment. To listen. To understand. It's work that matters to us. Work we're proud of.
Maybe you have similar yearnings for change. Wanting a better way to live.
A place where you feel at home, with yourself and with the world.
You might just be looking for a new spot to vacation. Unique. Unknown. Crowd-less. Safe. Friendly.... Hello Saba.
Or... you're already hooked on Saba and keep coming back year after year because you love it! Booking your favorite hotel and room or renting a Saba cottage or villa.
Or... Saba's lifestyle makes you dream of a bigger change. A more personal connection to this exclusive, wonder of an island. Something lasting. Just yours and investing in a home is fixed in your mind and heart.
Feel free to email me and let's find out exactly what you want and see - Is the Caribbean island of Saba right for you? Let's make those thoughts and wishes a reality and then... they won't be thoughts and wishes anymore.
I look forward to saying to you one day --'Welcome home!
Be it for a week or... a lifetime.
*And yes, it's true. I was a professional actor, singer, model (actually working) in New York City and noted theatres throughout the United States: The Actors Playhouse, The Kennedy Center, Syracuse Stage, Elitch Gardens, Ogunquit Playhouse -- working with John Raitt, Howard Keel, Allan Jones, Howard Da Silva, Tovah Feldshuh, Bobby Van, Ford Models.
(I even sang for President Jimmy Carter).
I transitioned from acting (because I wanted to) into the travel industry and later, working as a headhunter for over 20 years in NYC with: The Marriott Corporation, Jones Dairy Farm, Cotton Incorporated, The New York Post, Spike Lee DDB, MetLife, Sullivan & Cromwell, Peter Marino Architect, Reliance National Insurance, Black Rock Financial, Parachute Publishing, Burberry, Asprey Jewelry, The Hunger Project, Macklowe Real Estate.
I'm an Akimbo Workshop Coach for Seth Godin and a certified Life + Career + Change Coach; working with all kinds of people around the globe: creatives - human resources professionals - executives - artists - musicians - gardeners - college deans and teachers - doctors - hotel owners - computer wizards - other coaches... helping them create the change they want in their work and lives; to do better, to be happier and even discover what they really want to do with their lives.
Please take a look at my Coaching website and see how I can be useful to you:
My favorite quote is by poet Mary Oliver because it truly says what I want to know about you in such an unforgettable way:
"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
I'm also proud to have my writings about real estate and coaching published at: Thrive Global - The Huffington Post - Maria Shriver - Michael Port - The Fordyce Letter - LinkedIn - Medium and others.
You can email me: Michael@sabaislandproperties.com
[We thank 'Chizzilala - Video Productions' -- for the photo of us in our car at the top of the - Meet Our Agents - page. Yes! It's from the 'Saba Dutch Caribbean HAPPY video'.] Click Here to View