‘Nearly There’ – New Asking Price – FOR SALE – Albert & Michael – Saba Island Properties
~ One of the Quality Homes of Saba ~
$595,000 – USD
The owner of ‘Nearly There Cottage’ has poured his heart into personally renovating this impressive home and it shows!
His passion, precision and creativity lives throughout ‘Nearly There’.
You’ll immediately see and feel the craftsmanship and love applied to every inch of this beautiful cottage in the woodwork, vaulted beam ceilings, tiling, colors and amenities. It shines and embraces you with style and comfort.
He told us this about the name — “Nearly There was meant to be a bit of a play on words in regards to how long this project has taken. It’s been ‘nearly there’ for years, as well as the fact that it’s near the end of a cul-de-sac road, plus… my personal philosophy that life is more about the journey, not so much about the destination.
The name stone for the house will read — “Nearly There Cottage Est.
2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017+++?”… a tongue and cheek reference to the challenge and time and love involved.”
- Two (2) Bedrooms: large closet space (master bedroom has air-conditioning)
- Two (2) Bathrooms: each with shower, sink and toilet (no air-conditioning)
- Open kitchen / living room (with air conditioning) / dining room with vaulted cypress and cedar wood ceilings
- Loft space with ladder and single bed
- Ceiling fans throughout
- Modern kitchen appliances and KraftMaid cabinetry
- Washer and dryer
- Jacuzzi spa
- Outdoor shower
- Attached covered garage and workshop area
- 11,000 gallon cistern
- Downstairs studio apartment
‘We were captivated by the dramatic views and location when we first saw this unique home. It’s dazzling! The owners hospitality was exemplary — serving us refreshments and showing us all around the property. ‘Nearly There’ is a stunning cottage. It radiates generosity. It’s natural, pure and organic. It’s the essence of Saba.’ — Albert & Michael
Veering off the main road in Lower Hell’s Gate, ‘Nearly There Cottage’ is on the way to the Sulphur Mine Trail and… a truly private enclave full of Saban charm.
Originally built by a roving Caribbean sailor in 1989 ‘Nearly There Cottage’ is stationed 1,000 feet above the sea and surrounded by a white picket fence.
The cottage welcomes you to the vast openness of the brilliant blue Caribbean sky and sea and the terrace expands to a 2,000 square foot outdoor living space tiled in natural terra cotta.
– You’ll sit for hours relaxing on the front porch, lost in the vivid tropical waters and distant views of Anguilla, St. Maarten, St. Barth’s, Statia, Nevis, and St. Kitts and… even shy Montserrat, who every now and then will suddenly appear.
– You’ll dine in privacy under the open covered porch with a view of the pool and large heated spa, encircled by a crescent shaped, custom built retaining wall made out of Saba volcanic rock.
Here you’ll thoroughly enjoy your days and nights on Saba… watching the morning sunrise and then dusk settling in with a multitude of stars and the golden, white light of the Caribbean moon shining all around. It’s happens that way nearly every day!
‘Nearly There Cottage’ honors its surroundings. You’ll see it in the choices of colors and textures of materials — cedar — cypress — red oak woods — slate — terra cotta — local stones — a variety of greys and beige tones complementing one another in subtle and warm ways. It’s all natural and blends perfectly.
That’s what Caribbean life is — being at one with nature — harmoniously living with the fresh winds, the smell of the sea, the feel of rain and sun, walking the rugged, fertile earth and seeing rich tropical plants. This is the simple splendor of Saba!
‘Nearly There Cottage’ has it all…
come and marvel at this extraordinary island retreat!
At the NEW asking price of —
$695,000.00 — $595,000.00 USD
You’re ‘Nearly There’… just make the offer.
♦ ♦ ♦
Please call Albert & Michael – SABA Island Properties
Saba (+599) 416 – 2777
Emails: Albert@sabaislandproperties.com or Michael@sabaislandproperties.com
Click ‘Nearly There’ for our rental information on this very special home