‘Nearly There Cottage’ ~ For Rent – Albert & Michael – Saba Island Properties
*Quality Home For Rent*
You’ll immediately see and feel the craftsmanship and love applied to every inch of this beautiful cottage — ‘Nearly There’ — in the woodwork, vaulted beam ceilings, tiling, colors and amenities. It shines and embraces you with style and comfort.
It’s a five star home and the owner says this about the name:
‘Nearly There’ was meant to be a bit of a play on words in regards to how long this project has taken. It’s been “nearly there” for years, as well as the fact that it’s near the end of a cul-de-sac road, plus my personal philosophy that life is more about the journey, not so much about the destination.
The name stone for the house will read — “Nearly There Cottage Est.
2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017?”…a tongue and cheek reference to the challenge and time and love involved.’
- Two (2) Bedrooms: large closet space (master bedroom only has air-conditioning)
- Two (2) Bathrooms: each with shower, sink and toilet
- Open kitchen / living room (with air conditioning) / dining room with vaulted cypress and cedar wood ceilings
- Loft space with ladder and single bed
- Ceiling fans throughout
- Modern kitchen appliances and KraftMaid cabinetry
- Washer and dryer
- Jacuzzi spa
- Attached covered garage and workshop area
- 11,000 gallon cistern
- Downstairs studio apartment
‘We were captivated by the dramatic views and location when we first saw this unique home. It’s dazzling! The owners hospitality was exemplary — serving us refreshments and showing us all around the property. ‘Nearly There’ is a stunning cottage. It radiates generosity. It’s natural, pure and organic. It’s the essence of Saba.’ — Albert & Michael
Veering off the main road in Lower Hell’s Gate, ‘Nearly There Cottage’ is on the way to the Sulphur Mine Trail and…a truly private enclave full of Saban charm.
– Originally built in 1989 by a roving Caribbean sailor ‘Nearly There’ is stationed 1,000 feet above the sea and surrounded by a white picket fence. The moment you enter the property you’re right in the vast openness of the brilliant blue Caribbean sky and sea.
– The terrace expands into a 2,000 square foot outdoor living space tiled in natural terra cotta.
– You’ll sit for hours relaxing on the front porch, lost in the vivid tropical waters and distant views of Anguilla, St. Maarten, St. Barth’s, Statia, Nevis, and St. Kitts and…even shy Montserrat, who every now and then will suddenly appear.
– You’ll dine under the open covered porch with a view of the pool and large heated spa, encircled by a crescent shaped custom built wall made out of Saba volcanic rock.
Here you’ll thoroughly enjoy your privacy along with the delightful Saban days and nights…watching the morning sunrise and dusk settle in with a multitude of stars and the golden, white light of the Caribbean moon shining all around. It happens nearly every day!
‘Nearly There’ honors its surroundings. You’ll see it in the choice of materials. The textures and colors — cedar — cypress — red oak woods — slate — terra cotta — local stone and other natural materials…a variety of greys and beige tones complement one another in subtle and warm ways. They all blend perfectly.
That’s what Caribbean life is — being at one with nature — harmoniously living with the fresh winds, the rain, the sun, the earth and tropical plants. It’s the simple splendor of Saba!
– The open kitchen / dining / living space with an upper loft, and the master bedroom with sliding barn door and decorative venetian glass sconces gives this exceptional cottage an added dimension of depth and appeal which is rarely ever achieved in cottage architecture.
– The two separated bedrooms each have their own spacious baths, one with a private outdoor stone shower and of course… breathtaking ocean views.
— Three (3) night minimum stay
— $300 per night and $1,800 weekly
— Please add 5% government rental tax
— Non Smoking Residence
— No Pets Allowed
— Not wheelchair accessible
— Please provide a 50% paid deposit to hold your dates — And — Balance is due thirty (30) days prior to your arrival
‘Nearly There Cottage’ has it all…
come marvel at this extraordinary island vacation rental!
You’re ‘Nearly There’… just pick up the phone and book it with us…
♦ ♦ ♦
Albert & Michael – SABA Island Properties
Saba (+599) 416 . 2777
Emails: Albert@sabaislandproperties.com or Michael@sabaislandproperties.com
‘Nearly There’ is also For Sale. Please click on the name and learn more about this very special home.